Mount Brydges Public Library Meteor Talk

Discuss what the RASC is doing in the community
DaveMcCarter
Member Name: David McCarter

Mount Brydges Public Library Meteor Talk

Post by DaveMcCarter » August 10th, 2016, 11:10 pm

On Tuesday afternoon, August 9th I gave a talk about meteors and the Perseids to a group of nine children and a two parents at the Mount Bridges Public Library, temporarly housed in the Caradock Community Centre. After the talk the entire group participated in a real live meteorite hunt on the lawn, parking lot and football field. Every meteorwrong and meteorite I had planted earlier was found, and the differences and what to look for in a real live meteorite was discussed. I managed to trade Mars Bars for my rocks, which everyone agreed was a good deal.

Dave V

DaveMcCarter
Member Name: David McCarter

Re: Mount Brydges Public Library Meteor Talk

Post by DaveMcCarter » September 17th, 2016, 8:51 pm

I received a few days ago an email from the Mount Bridges staff, thanking me for the Meteor Talk and hunt. Here is the text.

Dave

Good Afternoon Dave,
My apologies that this note is so belated!
I wanted to send a huge thank you for your amazing program at the Mt. Brydges Library in August. Everyone had such a great time; some of the kids did come in the following week to tell me of the experiences they had looking for meteors on the ground and in the sky. Your flexibility with changing times/dates/ and locations was greatly appreciated.
We would love to have you back another time! I hope you have had some great star gazing this summer.
Sincerely,
Pam