Search found 6 matches

Return

by darmstrong
March 9th, 2018, 12:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starman Transit Demonstration Video

Henry, at the university, had the idea to create a miniature Tesla in space for the planetary transit demonstration table (in the basement at Cronyn Observatory), and asked me to shoot some video to extend his project. He then produced this video as a tribute to the Falcon Heavy/Tesla/Starman launch...
by Peter Jedicke
April 10th, 2018, 1:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stephen Hawking tribute, a student event 2018-04-12

I know it's supposed to be Yuri's day, but a group of students at Fanshawe College have organized a social event to pay tribute to Stephen Hawking. Info attached. I was explicitly told RASC members are welcome to participate. Note that parking is free on campus at that hour; just don't park in a res...
by Mike.Hanes
June 14th, 2018, 4:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

June 15th Meting location change reminder

Hi Everyone
With one day to our monthly meetin I just want to send a reminder that the June meetings location is at the Physics and Astronomy building. Room 100. Doors open @19:30 meeting starts at 20:00 8pm..
July’s Meeting will be back at Cronyn Observatory.
Attached is a map.
by Mike.Hanes
June 19th, 2018, 7:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Astronomy on Tap this Friday at 7pn

Hi This is a reminder that the Astronomy on Tap event is this Friday the 22nd at 7:30pm The event is at the Forked River brewery co on 45 Pacific Ct Unit 16 in London. There will be two Astronomy talks. Things that go bump in the dark by Professor Sarah Gallagher and Where the Alien Things Are by Pr...
by AndrewPeters
June 22nd, 2018, 11:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Astronomy on Tap this Friday at 7pn

Thanks so much to all the members that came out to support our Astronomy on Tap event. I believe I counted 14 members, and approximately 70 people at the height of the evening. I think this was very close to maximum for our space. It turned out exactly as I'd hoped which, due to the inclement weathe...
by Gary Hinks
December 7th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

M31 Image in Sky News

Hi everyone I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention and congratulate Ryan Fraser for his amazing M31 image as seen in the Jan/Feb issue of SkyNews. As the editors clearly say, one of the best shots they have ever seen. Look at all the detail (Hll regions). Page 39. Fantastic shot Ryan Clear s...