Search found 7 matches

Return

by Mark
January 23rd, 2017, 2:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cronyn Observatory Public Night, Saturday, January 28, 2017

Hi,

I will try to be there with one telescope. I am really looking forward to it.

Mark Pickett
by Mark
April 22nd, 2017, 10:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Night Sep 15/16

I live within two kilometers of the St. Thomas elevated park, and it's great to have a Star Party there in the fall. It is early days yet, but I was wondering if I could have an London Centre "event" before we went to the park. Maybe coffee / tea / etc. and cookies / chips / etc. before we face the ...
by Mark
May 9th, 2017, 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sidewalk Astronomy at St. Thomas Elevated Park

Yesterday, I was e-mailing with Terry Carroll, who is the Executive Director of the Elevated Park in St. Thomas. I would like to do Sidewalk Astronomy there sometimes, because I like to be involved in the Park (and because it so close to my house ...). Terry said it was a good idea. I will probably ...
by Mark
August 15th, 2017, 6:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shaw's Ice Cream and the partial eclipse

Hi Peter, absolutely, the main focus should be on the university, but it appears like the RASC and the physics department are doing a good job already. I thought about joining them, of course, but I wasn't sure I could make the trip. (From home, it takes almost two hours travel, to set up and take d...
by Mark
August 21st, 2017, 7:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shaw's Ice Cream and the partial eclipse

I was at Shaw's for about 5 hours, and it was wonderful!!!! I set up my "solar" scope, a Antares 90 mm f11 refractor with Kendrick solar filter (once owner by Jim Kendrick!), with a 55mm TeleVue Plossl, and a Explorer Scientific Twilight 11 mount. I had a piece of cardboard to have as a addition fil...
by Mark
November 1st, 2018, 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Halloween 2018

In St. Thomas, Halloween starting cloudy, but by 7:00, the clouds disappeared. I set up one of my telescopes (90 mm Antares, 15 mm TeleVue Plossl, Explorer Scientific II Mount) and started to show Mars. Everyone was amazed, and kids said "Wow" and other nice things. The adults were positive too, but...
by Mark
July 13th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kettle Creek - Lake Whittaker / Dalewood Conservation Area Star Party

I think I will be there too, but I am not certain at this point.

Mark