Search found 14 matches

Return

by HenryL
May 17th, 2018, 6:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a few photos of RASC volunteers at Science Rendezvous 2018

Just a few of the RASC volunteers who helped make this event a success.
by HenryL
May 26th, 2018, 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meteorite hit my client...ideas on preserving?

Charlie, "Meteor Jim" would drop by after retirement, and always had a smile on his face. I haven't seen him in several years now. Jim Jones left an incredible legacy here at Western what with Peter Brown, Margaret Campbell-Brown, and Paul Wiegert making a dynamic and energetic meteor physics group ...
by HenryL
May 29th, 2018, 10:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meteorite hit my client...ideas on preserving?

Peter, I suspect that this was a misunderstanding, perhaps a rock thrown from next door. Heck we used to have rock fights in our neighbourhood. I got smacked right in the front teeth! Hey, by chance, I found out about the Benld, Illinois, 1938 meteorite yesterday. It makes Peekskill, 1992 a little l...
by HenryL
June 23rd, 2018, 1:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Astronomy on Tap this Friday at 7pn

I agree with Anthony that it would be ideal if the screen propped up higher.
by HenryL
August 1st, 2018, 10:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

some photos of RASC volunteers from Cronyn Obs. Mars party

It was a great showing of RASC volunteers at the Cronyn Observatory Mars Opposition party on July 31. About 150 visitors attended, even with rain beginning part way through the evening. Amazingly, prior to the rain it cleared enough for views of Jupiter and Vega.
by HenryL
August 1st, 2018, 10:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: some photos of RASC volunteers from Cronyn Obs. Mars party

Can't forget these two volunteers either.
by HenryL
October 23rd, 2018, 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second lecture by Jocelyn Bell-Burnell

Peter, I can't thank you enough for announcing her Laird lecture, given today. She is an amazing speaker, and I gave her a 10 out of 10.
I can't wait to hear about her discovery of Pulsars as a graduate student.
Wedn. 9:30am. PAB 100.

Be there or be square. :D
by HenryL
December 1st, 2018, 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jan Cami was guest speaker in Ottawa

Our member Jan Cami, who is also Director of Cronyn Observatory on Western's campus, was guest speaker at the Ottawa RASC annual banquet last night (Fri. Nov 30, 2018).
by HenryL
December 9th, 2018, 11:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Comet 46P Wirtanen Visible Now

I suggest that you make an effort to get out to a dark site (like Peter did in the other thread on viewing the comet) if you want to see this object. I tried for over an hour last night from campus. Three different finder charts including SkyLive and Starry Night. It should have been just east of a ...